1. It works – 66% of online American have bought something as a result of receiving a marketing message via email. That’s more than 3 times that of Facebook (20%), and more than 4 times (16%) that of text.
2. It’s cost-effective – according to the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing brought in $40.56 for every $1 spent.
3. It strengthens relationships, loyalty, & trust – With email marketing, you are effectively building one-on-one relationships with current and potential customers. Well-written, engaging e-newsletters and emails that show your personality help readers learn to know you, like you, and trust you. And consumers buy from those they trust.
4. It increases brand awareness – Each email you send builds awareness of your business and brand, and keeps you top-of-mind with customers and prospects. The next time they need your products or services, they’re that much more likely to purchase from you than from someone they barely know.
5. It’s easy – Most email marketing services offer nice-looking templates that are easy to fill in with your own content. Just a few clicks of the mouse, and your email is ready to go. Email marketing is a quick and easy way to reach your current and potential customers right in their inbox. While social media is hot right now, email is still a tried-and-true marketing channel that shouldn’t be overlooked. If you’re in the process of developing your digital marketing strategy, you might just want to make email marketing a significant part of it.